Learning Disabilities Care Assistant Job in Dumfies - Adults
As a Learning Disabilities Care Assistant, you will provide essential care and support to Adults who live with a range of complex learning disabilities in the Dumfries area. It is essential that you have worked in similar environments previously and are able to work well under pressure with a kind and compassionate approach.
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for carers who have experience working with clients with learning disabilities, autism or within a supported living environment.
This vacancy is for ad-hoc shifts leading to the possibility of regular shifts with clients in the local Dumfries and Galloway area. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate a child’s school routine or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it’s your choice.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours. Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
As a Learning Disabilities Care Assistant, we can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay up to £11.86/hr plus bank holiday enhancements
- Permanent, flexible hours contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Criminal record (PVG) check refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Local line manager and branch support
- Ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
To apply for this role, you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Please click the 'Apply Now' link to begin your application, or call 0800 252 881 to speak to one of our dedicated HR team today.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate in any way against anyone.