Applications Support Engineer
New opportunity not to be missed! ACT have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Support Engineer (Nights) to join their growing team based in Cardiff. We are offering a competitive salary of £25,000 - £28,000 per annum plus 15% shift allowance.
Technology - for people, by people! Be part of our future.
ACT (Applied Card Technologies) is a Fujitsu company and are instrumental in their leading edge digital strategy. We are a market leading software services company that provides systems and services that help business connect, understand and transact with their customers. ACT makes fast, easy, secure digital transactions a reality for all, reaching beyond existing networks.
As part of our commitment to provide service to our customers 24/7, we are setting up a new Service Desk Team to cover nights and are looking for experienced Applications Support Engineers to join us at our central Cardiff office.
Working hours: 12-hour shifts from 7.00pm until 7.00am, on a four on/four off basis.
The Applications Support Engineer Role:
You will be part of our Service Delivery Team and you will be providing first class operational support on live ACT products; including dealing with calls when there is a service disruption, service requests, or requests for change. You will be the first point of contact for users and clients. You will learn our technology and become an expert in our software solutions. As an essential member of the Service Desk, you will be encouraged to develop your skills in this fast-moving environment.
We are looking for:
- Previous Service Desk or Help Desk experience
- An excellent communicator with first rate customer care skills
- Call handling skills via phone, by email and online
- The ability to handle incidents, requests and escalations
- Support of bespoke services within a hosted environment
- Application support (including understanding logs)
- Technical understanding in the following areas: Windows and Linux operating systems, Standard network diagnostic tools and techniques, SQL understanding and knowledge (Oracle SQL, MySQL), Technical understanding of common server applications such as web servers, databases, etc.
- A willingness to work nights on a 12 hour, 4 days on, 4 days off rota
- Proactive and solutions orientated
- Co-operative and supportive team player
- ITIL Knowledge and experience (preferred)
- ICT related qualification would be advantageous
Applications Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Logging of incidents and requests, categorising and prioritising them;
- 2nd line investigation and diagnosis activities;
- Managing the lifecycle of incidents and requests, escalating as appropriate.
- Keeping customers informed of the status of service, incidents and requests.
- Managing customer call satisfaction
Applications Support Engineer Salary and benefits
- £25,000 - £28,000 plus 15% shift allowance
- 16 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) rising with LOS (equivalent to 24 days standard entitlement)
- Healthcare cash plan (family cover)
- Bupa Health Insurance (single cover)
- Worldwide holiday travel insurance (family cover)
- Matched pension scheme (3%)
- Life Assurance (x 3 salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Working on ACT’s Service Desk means you would be involved in defining how people all over the world travel, discover, shop and enjoy their home city or travel destinations.
You must be willing to work 12 hour shifts, from 7.00pm to 7.00am, on a ‘four days on/four days off basis, including working weekends and bank holidays.
If you are interested in joining ACT at this exciting time in its evolution, then don’t miss out - click ‘Apply’ now and become our Applications Support Engineer!
ACT is an equal opportunities employer.