Children's Support Worker Job in Truro (Complex Care)
We are currently looking for a caring and experienced Children's Support Worker to join our Complex Care team in Truro, working to support a child in her hospital routine.
Shifts will be based on structured working patterns on a weekly basis. Currently hours are Mondays & Thursdays for 12 hours shifts.
You will need to have experience of working with children as we currently have a vacancy for a 8yr old child with complex needs, whom requires support and assistance in her trips to Bristol Children's Hospital twice a week to complete Dialysis.
Staff will travel up to Bristol in Hospital transport. A conscientious and compassionate approach makes an incredible difference in the daily life of a child. You will need to be a confident advocate, recognising the potential of the individual and championing their needs.
Ideally, you will have experience in –
- Renal Care
- Paediatric care
- Complex care needs
The benefits of joining Newcross as a Support Worker include:
- Up to £12/hr, paid weekly and on time!
- Client-specific induction
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for some clients
- Free uniform and criminal record (DBS) check
- Free ongoing training earned through credits as you work
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager.
To apply for this role, you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care at home role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability and for all employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.