1 day left
- Part Time
3 days per week, flexible on hours across a week
Salary: According to Experience
About the Chelsea Magazine Company:
The Chelsea Magazine Company is a leading publisher of 16 special interest brands with offices on the Kings Road in Chelsea, Cheltenham and Taunton. Every month, print magazines are read by over 4 million engaged individuals.
We produce compelling content for 16 brands, which we make available to our audiences in print and across multiple online platforms. To create category-leading brands we employ 100 dedicated and talented staff who are led by an experienced team of publishing professionals.
Our expanding portfolio of fine quality, coffee table titles consumer specialist brands enhances the way people engage with their passions. Our brands are spread across three divisions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join the company as HR Manager. We have just over 100 staff based in our London HQ with two satellite offices in Cheltenham and Taunton. You will be working closely with the Office Manager who is currently responsible for Recruitment and supports on HR.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all employee relations issues, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Reviewing the rewards and benefits and supporting employees on this.
- Writing and ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensuring line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues.
- Managing maternity and paternity leave and negotiating returns.
- Managing any learning and development requests and organising training courses for staff.
- Preparing employment contracts.
- Working on tupe, redundancies, issuing new contracts.
- Organisational change, supporting on restructures and organisational charts
- Writing job descriptions for new staff.
- Managing probation periods and liaising with managers for written notes.
- Setting up an appraisals system and completing salary reviews with support from managers.
- Occasional travel to Cheltenham and Taunton offices.
Skills and Requirements:
- CIPD or HR Degree Educated.
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Confident being sole HR Manager and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy and organisational change.
- Strong understanding of employment law
If you feel that you may be suitable for this HR Manager role, then please apply now!
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly