Process Development Engineer
Job Elements: -
• The role will focus on developing a robust manufacturing process through early production involvement in the new product development (NPD) to ensure design for manufacture (DFM) is optimised and product quality is not compromised.
• The post holder will also facilitate improvement projects and process development in order to optimise efficiencies and reduce waste within the manufacturing process.
• To develop and improve new and existing methods and processes used in the manufacturing this will involve working with manual assembly, laser welding, micro-precision machined components, electrical, clean room, measurement, calibration and test processes.
• Work closely with the design team and suppliers to ensure that design for manufacture (DFM) is considered and incorporated into the product design.
• Design, source and implement the optimum production equipment, processes and associated facilities for the manufacture of the product range.
• Work with key suppliers to develop and improve processes and product quality.
• Ensure that all processes are fully documented in accordance with the requirements of the QMS.
• Oversee the manufacture of prototypes required for the product development programme.
The ideal candidate will have:
• HND / Degree in an Engineering discipline (probably mechanical, manufacturing)
• Good project management skills
• Good problem solving / root cause analysis skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience of quality management systems and working with highly regulated products.
• Knowledge and practice of six sigma methods and lean manufacturing
• Design of jigs and fixtures, manual assembly methods & procedures
• Valid UK Driving Licence
• Valid Passport