St. John’s Out of School Club (Rishworth)
Start Date: As soon as possible – to ensure an efficient handover period.
Rate of Pay: £9-£10 per hour – depending on experience.
Working Hours: 7:30-9:00am and 3:00-6:00pm, Monday – Friday term time.
Hours: 22h 30min in setting, up to 7h 30min out of setting – total up to 30h per week
Job summary: Day to day management of the club.
Provide quality playcare within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures
Line manager: Club management committee
Responsible for: Deputy /play workers/volunteers
Working relationships: Children attending the club and their parents or carers
Management and staff, students and volunteers
Childcare and play organisations, schools, registering authorities
Main duties include:
- Planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Liaison with the local school – including room requirements, meetings, safeguarding, events.
- Providing accountant with information needed for the parents invoices once a month.
- Holding regular staff meetings and conducting regular supervisions and appraisals for staff
- Administration and record keeping, including staff and child records, financial records, ordering and purchasing, and working within an agreed budget.
- Developing and maintaining good communication with all members of the club, with schools, and especially with parents.
- Updating policies and procedures including safeguarding, fire safety, health & safety and first aid.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures, Early Years Foundation Stage and Ofsted requirements.
The manager can expect to be supported by a committed and dedicated team of volunteer trustees and committee members who are delighted that the club has become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
The successful applicant will join us in providing high-quality, safe and stimulating out-of-school care for the children attending St John’s Primary School (Rishworth) near Sowerby Bridge.
Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
To arrange an informal visit please email email@example.com, or in writing to St John’s Out of School Club, Godly Lane, Rishworth, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 4QA
How to apply
Email; firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack
Write to; St John’s Out of School Club, Godly Lane, Rishworth, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 4QA for an application pack
Visit St John’s Out of School Club, Godly Lane, Rishworth, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 4QA for an application pack
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working with adults
- Experience of paperwork
- Ability to attend essential training
- Ability to work as a team member and demonstrate leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills together with sufficient understanding and use of English
- Ability to work on own initiative, using judgement and common sense
- Familiarity with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Familiarity of policies such as safeguarding and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Experience of supervising/leading a small team
- Appropriate qualification relating to children
- Experience of working within a play-based setting
- Ability to use IT based resources to support play and club administration
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Current Food Hygiene Certificate
- Understanding the varied needs of children and families
- Delivering equal opportunities in a play setting
- Experience of working with a committee as a governing body
Please click apply to email.