3rd Line Field Engineer / 3rd Line Support Technician / Systems
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: 3rd Line Field Engineer
Location: London, SW6
Rates: £25.00 - £47.50 per hour
Our client is an award winning global IT Support and Managed Services Provider specialising in the fast paced financial services sector. They are continuing to expand their business which has provided the exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Field Engineer to join their dynamic team. The company's client base consists primarily of financial services clients, including Hedge Funds and Private Equity Firms. These clients demand the very best levels of support and the company require someone who can augment their already excellent team.
The company's multi-cultural team prides itself in providing extremely high levels of support within a very busy financial sector.
You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of server, desktop and/or network infrastructure for multiple high profile financial service clients. This is primarily a field based role across Central London.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support on desktop infrastructure and Microsoft Servers
- Implement new server and desktop technologies
- Manage implementation of hardware/software related projects
- Network technologies such as LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, TCP/P
- Be available for out-of-hours support via the on-call rota,
- MINIMUM 3 years demonstrable 2nd/3rd line support experience in a similar role, ideally with financial services sector exposure.
- Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange technologies.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments individually and as part of a team.
Key Skills Required:
- Build and Configuration of Windows 2008 and 2012 Server and Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365.
- Virtual Environment experience (VMware, HyperV).
- Market Data Knowledge.
- Tape and Internet Backup Utilities.
- Network Topologies
The following skills are advantageous (but not all requirements) and would be utilised if applicable;
- Firewall (Cisco ASA) configuration, complex routing, Cisco IOS, SAN, SQL, Citrix XenApp and Xen Desktop, Mac OSX
The ideal candidate will be capable of interacting with clients at a very high level, as well as being extremely technically competent and highly motivated.
Hourly rates during standard hours:
- £25.00 per hour for Desktop work
- £30.00 per hour for Server work
- £35.00 per hour for Network or Project Management work
Hourly rates during premium hours (after 7.30 PM and Weekends)
- £32.50 per hour for Desktop work
- £40.00 per hour for Server work
- £47.50 per hour for Network or Project Management work
The Company Offer:
Exposure to many different environments and exciting technologies. Excellent career development and internal progression opportunities within the business.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; 3rd Line Field Engineer, IT Analyst, Support Engineer, Win Server; 2008, 2012, 3rd Line Support, Engineer, IT Field Engineer, Field Engineer, Analyst, IT Analyst And Field Support Engineer, 3rd Line Senior Engineer, Senior I.T. Support Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for 3rd Line Field Engineer / 3rd Line Support Technician / Systems
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly