Assistant Property Manager
Our client is a small property management/investment company based in Canary Wharf. They've been managing properties for over 5 years and due to expansion, they require someone to join their friendly team.
About the role:
Management of a portfolio of multi-let properties in the East and South-East of London; all properties are easily reachable by public transport, and much of the work can be done remotely from home (or a good cafe!).
- Keep adverts up to date
- Book and attend viewings
- Move tenants in/out and complete all contracts and associated paperwork
- Liaise with company managers
- Answer the company mobile and respond promptly to emails
- Manage the cleaning and maintenance team
- Collect (or organise tenant collection of) meter readings
- Conduct quarterly house inspections
- Deal with any complaints or conflicts
- General office tasks.
- No formal qualifications needed but a good level of numeracy and literacy is essential.
- On the job training can be provided if necessary to the right candidate.
Successful candidate will ideally have:
- 6 months or more experience working in Lettings/Property Management
- Own car and a clean driver's license (not essential, but useful)
- Ability to work on own initiative and alongside remote managers
- Excellent telephone and people skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel, email, apps, etc)
- Capable of organising and prioritising workload and meeting deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work from home
- Own computer AND printer/scanner/copier
Must be available 9am - 6pm Mon-Sat to answer phone calls, messages and emails; note that you could treat that as ‘free time' and do what you like in those hours, as long as you're available in case a call, message or email comes through and you can answer it professionally.
However, the work is part time as and when required; on average 10-15 hours per week.
Some days will be busy, other days will be very free.
Wage: £500 monthly basic wage, with a bonus £30 payment each time you fill one of the rooms (bear in mind that there could be anything from 5-20 rooms to be filled in a given month).