Salary up to £33k per annum
The primary focus of this position will be operation of the company’s CNC Machinery, but this position will be as part of the R&D team so will include, CAD/CAM and Programming work.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator to develop my clients new machine workshop.
- Work closely with the R&D team on new and existing projects
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programs
- Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine
- Carry out machining of components
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level;
- Identify and report errors and suggest improvements;
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives
- Ensure that the workplace is a clean, tidy, healthy and safe environment
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience is essential in Programming, setting and operating CNC Machinery;
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings, tooling selection and cutting strategy;
- Experience of using CADCAM Software;
- Experience of working with Plastics and non-ferrous materials;
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
Education and Training:
- Fanuc CNC controls training preferable but not essential.
- SharpCam CADCAM Software training preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and use own initiative.
- Highly professional and reliable attitude in working environment.
- Working experience setting up & operating CNC Machinery.
- Positive attitude, Self-reliant, good workmanship, attention to detail, problem solving, organized, punctual, safety conscious.