Registered Children's Home Manager
Registered Children’s Home Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Exceptional care is a children’s home provider based in the Northwest of England. We work with children aged 8 to up to 17 years with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We believe that children spending time at their company should find it an enjoyable experience, where children can form positive attachments, giving them a sense of inner security, worth and adding to their emotional and physical wellbeing. The aim of their team is to understand and meet the needs of the individual children in their care.
Due to the ongoing growth we are currently recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager to join our expanding team.
Duties of the Registered Children’s Home Manager
- Manage and monitor labour costs, staffing structures and rotas, ensuring they meet requirements of the children`s needs and are in line with allocated labour budgets.
- Ensure all staffs are aware of their responsibilities in relation to adherence of policies, both in the home, the organisation and those set out in Children's Legislation and Regulations.
- Develop and know to staff a variety of intervention strategies regarding behaviour management. In order that children can develop coping mechanisms and changes in patterns of behaviour.
- Take a lead in ensuring meetings and reviews of children and staff are delivered within required time scales.
- Ensure effective delivery of individual care planning requirements for children.
- Ensure that the high standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld, and that the standing of the company is maintained.
- Ensure the home has sufficient and varied information which is accessible to all regarding access to support agencies that will promote the health and well-being of children in placement.
- Ensure that the home functions in such a manner that staff; children understand, recognise and celebrate the diversity of cultures and beliefs within the local and wider community.
- Complete the administration of financial, payroll and staffing related matters in the home within the prescribed time scales.
- Provide staff with sufficient information that ensures they understand the role of a key worker and devise monitoring systems, which will ensure this is delivered to a high standard.
- Promote and actively encourage the professional development of staff.
- Ensure staffs are aware of and deliver the support required, to ensure the life chance opportunities of children are met in relation to their social, educational, leisure, emotional, physical and cultural needs.
- To have systems and processes in place which all staffs understand, and are compliant with Safeguarding and Child Protection under Children`s Regulations.
- Produce, co-ordinate and edit reports to ensure they are delivered to a high standard.
- Directly deliver supervision to identified members of staff, in relation to Supervision and Personal Development Plans (PDP).
Requirements of the Registered Children’s Home Manager
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- NVQ 3 Children and Young People or equivalent
- NVQ 4 Management, CMS, DMS equivalent or working towards
- Professional Care Qualification (DipSW, CMS, CQSW, Registered Manager’s Award)
- Diploma 5 Leadership & Management Children & Young People.
- Considerable evidence of working with young people in a residential setting
- Evidence of management at a senior level within a residential setting
- Full Driving License
We are Looking to hire ASAP, if you meet the requirements above APPLY TODAY!