Bookkeeper / Credit Control
SMA Worldwide has a unique opportunity available for a Bookkeeper / Credit Control to join the team in Kings Langley. The role is a full time, permanent position working 9am-6pm Monday to Friday. We are offering the Bookkeeper / Credit Control a salary of £19,000-£22,000 per annum depending on experience and Sage/ Excel ability.
With a Worldwide network of the most reliable channels, SMA Worldwide Ltd is an independent and private company with the most experienced staff in the industry. Combined with an advanced IT backbone, SMA can offer a one-stop-shop solution for all your Courier and Logistics requirements and much more!
What are the responsibilities of the Bookkeeper / Credit Control?
- Sales and purchase ledger update and maintenance.
- Invoice processing and all associated administration activity on an in-house system
- Chasing and collecting payment to ensure invoices due for payment are paid on a timely basis
- Preparing the Bank, intercompany reconciliations monthly basis
- Journal entry for cost allocation and prepayments
- Reconciling supplier statement and processing payments
- Updating the system with new product codes, new customer price list, etc.
- Reconciling stock on a monthly basis for the warehouse and investigating any discrepancies
- Preparing stock movements analysis weekly basis, incorporating forecast and confirmed sales orders, returns, etc.
- Ensuring the systems are up-to-date with stocks and orders are released on time
- Preparation of Ad-hoc cost/benefit analysis and designing/developing rate cards
- Assisting with month end Management Accounts.
What skills do I need to have to become a Bookkeeper / Credit Control?
- Have previous experience in similar role with a group or divisional structured organisations
- Be dynamic and ability to adapt changes
- Strong Sage experience.
- Be able to use Excel with pivot tables, formulae and analytical tools
- Extremely Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Have excellent attention to details.
- Be resilient and determined individual who can be self-motivated and be team oriented to achieving targets as set by Team Manager
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a company that provides first class logistics services as our Bookkeeper / Credit Control.