Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Salary £35,000 to £40,000 Depending Upon Experience
B/E Aerospace in Leighton Buzzard are the sole supplier of galleys and trolley compartments for the Airbus A350. Our business is rapidly expanding and ramping up as the new aircraft enters production and with the impact of this programme alone means that production rates will increase from typically one ship-set per month to 13 per month. This will be sustained for at least the next ten years, with further programmes expecting to be added to the portfolio. If you want to be part of a major strategic programme, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Joining our Engineering Team as an Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for researching, developing and designing Electrical components, equipment and system installations. You will apply research to the planning, design, development and testing of electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines and / or machines.
Nature of Work
- Defining the installation requirements of electrical systems and components
- Creating wiring diagrams for interior monument cabin furnished equipment
- Creating and designing interior cabin furnished monument Electrical drawings and 3D models
- Performing electrical load analysis for Galleys
- Ensuring compliance of design to latest customer and airworthiness requirements
- Checking of engineering data produced by peers
- Participating in design reviews of Galley electrical installations
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Ensuring the successful integration of each design element with the product as a whole
- Supporting Mechanical Design Engineers within the group with guidance on electrical issues
- Supporting problem solving during manufacturing build process and through aftermarket queries
- Assisting in definition and supplier selection for Galley components and equipment. Ensuring technical, commercial and weight targets are maintained
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in an electrical design related field
- 3d electrical design background with the ability to read and interpret wire diagrams
- Working knowledge of the principle of electrical installation and systems integration and design including 3D mechanical design experience, preferably in NX or Catia.
- A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture of electrical and mechanical components and assemblies
- An understanding of material selection and protective treatments
- An understanding of aircraft interior architecture with a working knowledge of Boeing, Airbus requirements would be an advantage.
- Cashback Healthcare Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + BH
If you feel as though you meet the above criteria then please apply now!