Hotel Reception Manager - Cardiff
Hotel Reception Manager
Purpose of job:
To ensure that guests receive the highest standard of service and hospitality in reception and over the phone in line with statutory and company requirements. To assist the General Manager with: revenue management, staff training and development and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout. Responsible for fire and health and safety management
General Manager and Assistant General Manager
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To operate and supervise the hotel reception (24hr) to the agreed hotel standards, ensuring that the bedrooms are set up and ready for check in as per the agreed and advertised times, as well as ensuring the set up of the meeting rooms where applicable by liaising with the HK and f&b teams
- To take the lead in relation to group check in/out when on duty in the absence of the assistant GM and GM.
- Deal with any guest queries/complaints in a polite and friendly manner ensuring guest satisfaction.
- To audit and monitor all reservations inputted in the PMS by GSA to reviews daily arrival list according to set deadlines
- To control stock levels within the stationery stores. To include stocktaking and purchasing whilst ensuring that those are kept within P&L requirements
- To ensure that all monies are kept in a safe and secure area adopting the hotels cash handling procedures.
- To balance all financials at the end of your shift.
- To review and audit end of day reports to include credit card and cash balancing
- To be proactive in generating sales as well as upselling where possible.
- To motivate the team to pro actively refer sales leads to management
- To maintain employee relations by:
- Dealing with any queries they may have in relation to their duties, holidays etc.
- Monitoring staff absenteeism and punctuality.
- Ensuring that all staff are well briefed and well organized at the beginning of their shift.
- Ensuring that staff development is prioritized to ensure service standards are delivered
- Ensuring that regular reviews and PDR are carried out with the team
- To supervise guest service assistants whilst on shift and leading by example.
- To attend/lead daily training meetings and departmental meetings as requested.
- To communicate and liaise with the GM and Assistant GM for training and supervision of all GSA including conducting agreed training sessions with GSA on a daily basis.
- To be knowledgeable, supervise and audit all aspects of the following and to put these into practice as and when required:
- Housekeeping duties to include bedrooms and public areas
- Maintenance duties
- Food and beverage duties
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Full time - 40 hrs per week over 7 days, including weekends
- 20 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- £17,000 pa. with a view of increase after 6 months.
You must have previous experience in supervisory role in either reception or reservation environment within a hotel.