Pharmacy Technician (ACT) - Corsham, Wiltshire
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (ACT) - Corsham, Wiltshire
Be a part of something amazing!
Our client, a sister organisation to a market leading commercial Aseptic Compounding Unit, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Clinical homecare is a growing market area offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. This is an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician (ACT) to join our client’s friendly team and develop their skills and knowledge in a supportive environment.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (ACT) Role Details:
37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Hours to be worked between 8am and 8pm including participation in the dispensary rota
Competitive starting salary depending on experience and qualifications + bonus,
company pension, child care, life assurance.
Working in our client’s new dispensary you will be responsible for accuracy checking products for homecare either for patients managed by the company or one of their homecare partner organisations. You will also participate in patient support activities including scheduling deliveries of medicines and dealing with enquiries from patients and other healthcare professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Monitoring the dispensary daily workload and liaising with the lead pharmacist to ensure the workload is managed in the given timeframe.
- Accuracy checking prescriptions for patients receiving treatment in their own home including chemotherapy
- Supporting the dispensing team to dispense and label accurately
- Day to day management and support of the assigned stores person to ensure they are competent to perform the tasks required.
- Stock management tasks and analysis
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Aids to ensure they are fit for purpose and accurate, useful documents.
- Monitor and manage the wholesale inbox and to act upon any orders.
- Accurately and promptly pick and dispatch orders in line with wholesale legislation.
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
Experience in hospital pharmacy would be beneficial but this is an excellent opportunity for community technicians to learn and develop new skills in a unique and expanding field. You should have an NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Services and or equivalent and be a qualified accredited checking technician (ACT).
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with immediate access to the World Heritage City of Bath you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that has a zero carbon status.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and covering letter ASAP…
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 25th November 2016.
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 7th December 2016
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list*