Cambridge Medical Robotics The Role
CMR is now seeking a Electro-Mechanical Technician to assist with manufacture and assembly of robotic joints at our Cambridge site.
If you are looking for a challenging role, where you can learn on the job encompassing a range of skills from electronics, test and measurement through to precision mechanical assembly then this could be a perfect role for you.
- Assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies (ie robotic joints) from drawings
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies using custom in-house test suites
- Assembly and test of whole robotic arms
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated robot arms, including documentation
We're looking for an individual with the following attributes:
We expect candidates to have a relevant NVQ / BTEC qualification, at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools, including Excel.
Required Skills and Experience
- Can-do attitude to variety of tasks
- Proven practical experience of high tech assembly or test
- Diligent work ethic, and proven desire for high quality delivery
- Enthusiastic to work as part of a team
- Careful approach to assembly, lab and tool use
- Ability to keep accurate records, eg serial numbers, test reports etc
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Use of measurement equipment (eg calipers)
- SMD soldering skills on small components (eg 0402s / fine pitch QFNs), use of hot air pencils, hot plates etc
- Cable assembly skills (use of crimp tools, wire cutters and associated hand tools)
- Experience using test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Experience keeping a lab stocked with components and tools, and keeping lab tidy
- Management / maintenance of test and measurement equipment
Who we are
Cambridge Medical Robotics Limited (“CMR”) is a fast-growing medical devices start-up founded with a vision to make the benefits of keyhole surgery affordable and universally accessible.
CMR is ISO13485 accredited and, following the successful demonstration of its prototype, is developing a next generation surgical robotic system to significantly increase the available range of procedures which can be performed robotically. In doing so CMR seeks to significantly expand the existing market for surgical robotics which is already valued at $30B generating revenues of $2.4B/year.
Since its incorporation in January 2014 CMR has grown quickly to over 50 employees, occupies more than 7,000 sq. ft. in Cambridge and has a patent portfolio already exceeding 50 patent applications. The Company is privately held and backed by corporate and financial investors, including ABB, LGT, Escala Capital and Cambridge Innovation Capital, who share the founders' long term vision.
Interested? Then send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking apply.
We'd love to hear from you!