IT Business Analyst
The fastest growing Toy Retailer in the UK is looking for an IT Business Analyst to join their fantastic head office team based in Amersham.
The Entertainer is one of UK Retail's success stories with over 130 stores in the UK and a rapidly growing Online and International business. We have opened over 30 new stores in the past two years and we have ambitious growth plans for 2017. We are a family run company that truly cares about our people, our customers and the communities in which we trade. We have been named as one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for and offer a friendly, supportive culture where training and development is put first to help you 'aim higher' in your career.
Reporting into the IT Development Manager the IT Business Analyst will be involved throughout the full IT project life-cycle, key functions will include the documented capture & sign-off of business requirements, detailed analysis & solution design, test planning & testing with key business users and delivering project handover to support teams on multiple on-going projects. The IT Business Analyst role will involve communication across all levels and areas of the business and external suppliers and will require some travel to stores, warehouses & supplier offices.
Responsibilities – IT Business Analyst
- Scope & define projects, identifying feasible and cost effective solutions
- Run workshops to capture and then document detailed business requirements
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations obtaining required sign-off to proposed solutions
- Manage & lead testing efforts for IT development projects by producing test plans, scripts & working with end users to ensure business sign off
- Manage change requests & defect tracking through to resolution
- Identify & report project risks & issues to the IT Development Manager
- Document project change & provide knowledge transfer to support teams
- Provide out of hours project implementation & go-live support as required
- Train & support key stakeholders/end users through to end of project warranty
- Delivery of solutions within agreed time, quality and budget
Required Skills – IT Business Analyst
- Degree or higher level education (BTEC)
- Multiple experiences of the full IT project lifecycle ideally gained within a retail environment
- Strong problem solving & excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work with both internal/external & business/technical teams
- Experience of testing processes & defect reporting/tracking
- Merchandising / PO Management Systems experience
- Transactional Web Sites / EPOS and Warehouse Management Systems experience
- Financial & HR systems experience and solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite
Our IT Business Analyst will be a proactive individual comfortable working with both IT & business colleagues, skilled in capture and communication of complex business requirements, process flows, and supporting data, across systems and business functions. Our IT Business Analyst will have a desire to join a successful family run, expanding brand. In return for your enthusiasm, attention to detail and analytical approach the company offer an autonomous role with a PRB bonus structure (typically worth £3k per year) and a range of additional benefits including childcare vouchers, life cover and cycle to work scheme.
If you would enjoy being part of our success story then apply now to be considered for our IT Business Analyst role.