Health & Wellbeing Project Officer
Saints Foundation is an independent charity aligned to Southampton Football Club. Harnessing the passion of the Club and its fans we aim to inspire, support and deliver positive change and equality of opportunity for young people and adults at risk across Southampton and surrounding areas.
What is the Health & Wellbeing Project Officer role?
Fixed term contract until 31/10/2017
The Health & Wellbeing Project Officer will plan and support the delivery of existing and future Health & Wellbeing themed funded projects including supporting a detailed monitoring and evaluation programme that meets the requirements of the funding partners; provide line management to casual staff and volunteers that fall under the Health & Wellbeing programme, providing support, advice and guidance to ensure that they are fully equipped to deliver their work and that services delivered are of requisite quality. Capturing success stories is an important part of this role and there will be opportunities to identify service gaps within existing Health & Wellbeing provision and approach potential partners/funders.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of two years’ experience within the industry, good knowledge of M&E programmes and a strong awareness of community engagement programmes within this specific area. It is essential to hold a minimum Level 3 REPs recognised health and fitness / special populations. You need to be an exceptional organiser with the ability to work closely with partners and engage people into your project. A good understanding of key Health & Wellbeing services in the local area will be beneficial.
Do you have the required competencies?
- Educated to degree level or have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry sector.
- A knowledge of M&E programmes relevant to the industry sector.
- A strong knowledge of community engagement programmes specifically tailored to the provision of Health & Wellbeing.
- Knowledge of PLCF and PLPFA funded projects. (desirable)
- Experience in Line Management of volunteers and casual staff members. (desirable)
- FA coaching qualification. (desirable)
- Have a good understanding of the key Health & Wellbeing services in Southampton and be able to signpost service users accordingly. (desirable)
Qualifications (incl. certifications)
- Minimum level 3 REPs recognised health and fitness qualification/special populations.
- FA coaching qualification or industry equivalent. (desirable)
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Positive Attitude.
- Ability to engage with hard to reach groups. (desirable)
What do you get in return?
- If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A salary of up to £21,432 depending on experience.
- Two Season Tickets.
- 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge as Health & Wellbeing Project Officer, please click on the APPLY button below.
The closing date for applications for the Health & Wellbeing Project Officer is Sunday 20 November.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer