Teacher of Science
If you have a passion for shaping the learning of our future scientists then we have the role for you!
We are seeking a Science supply teacher for a temporary opportunity at a school in Knowsley Local Authority full-time starting in January until the end of the summer term 2017. Do you love working with students of all abilities and getting the best out of them in a short but rewarding period? Then look no further! The role is across Key Stages 3 and 4, and involves teaching across the three sciences, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Your benefits as the successful candidate will include:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant for Knowsley secondary schools, and a branch with 24-hour on-call facility
- dedicated school co-workers and a great community environment
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course and 'safeguarding training'
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme worth up to £300
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards such as 'Teacher of the Term'
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with, or leading to, UK QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) NB NQTs and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- Have proven classroom management skills
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of Science enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and outings
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN schools in Merseyside.
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay. Following a registration interview with your consultant here at Randstad Education, as the successful candidate you could expect an interview or trial day, before being chosen to start in January. Please email your CV to us or give the office a call and speak to Catherine Stockford, the specialist secondary education consultant for Knowsley.