Support Worker / Health Care
£14,467 pa (pro rata)
£14,662 pa rising to £14,860 pa (pro rata) If QCF qualified in Health & Social Care Level 2
Full Time or Part Time
To ensure regulatory compliance all applicants must be aged 18 years or over.
You must be a car driver for this role.
Our Client is a charitable organisation that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people. Their services include supported living, domiciliary care, housing & care (extra care) schemes, care homes, day services and respite/short breaks.
Support Worker Role Overview and Responsibilities
This role involves supporting 4 gentlemen and one lady, including with personal care and help with domestic tasks. They are very sociable and have various social interests, including gardening, arts and crafts, shopping and going out for meals. They also enjoy going swimming and bowling, watching football and going on holidays.
- Willing to complete the Care Certificate
- Willing to gain Diploma in Heath & Social Care
- Experience of people who’s behaviour may be challenging
- Have a basic understanding and knowledge of equal opportunities at the workplace and in supporting service users
- Able to use own initiative to support service users in fulfilling active lives on a daily basis
- A caring and empathetic approach to supporting service users who may have severe disabilities
- Ability to read reports, instructions and policies/procedures in English
- Able to write legible reports, care plans and instructions in English
- Deal with basic household budgets and petty cash
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to be available on a roster system as and when required to cover the 24 hours per day, 365 days of the year.
- To share the service user’s interests as contained in the job description
- Car Driver
- Possess Care Certificate or equivalent.
- No particular qualifications are required but a QCF in Health & Social Care or related qualification would be helpful
- Caring/supporting people with learning disabilities or mental health support needs in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience of working as part of a team at the workplace
- Needs of people with either learning disabilities and how to support them in the community
Disclosure Level - Enhanced
The Next Step & How to Apply...
To join their team, the next step is to apply online now. As a stable employer, with excellent training and career opportunities, and a fantastic work environment, this will probably be the best move you ever make.
You will need to submit a CV via the apply button below, and then you will be sent via email the direct links to the application process, where you will need to fill in the online application form.
Please note that your CV will not be seen directly by the hiring manager so you will need to complete the application form in full, in order to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: 18th November 2016