Human Resources / HR Officer, Kidderminster
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources / HR Officer to join our client’s team in Kidderminster.
Our client are part of a large optical retail chain’s supply chain, delivering spectacles through a glazing operation and contact lenses through warehousing and distribution.
Our client currently employ 350 employees, so this is an exciting time to join this growing and fast-paced business.
The Role of Human Resources / HR Officer
As Human Resources / HR Officer, you will assist the HR department in providing a high quality HR service that meets the customer needs and business objectives. Working flexibly and collaboratively, identifying areas for improvement.
As Human Resources / HR Officer your responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
* Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the business
* Support employee reviews and assist with ER activity
* Support on HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
* Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
* Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
* Keep up-to-date with developments in employment legislation
* Proactively manage attendance levels, ensuring that absence is kept to a minimum and to coach Line Managers in the return to work process including the use of the Attendance Improvement Process
* Collate training needs from performance appraisals and research appropriate training measures
* Undertake project work and policy development work as directed and guided by the Head of HR
Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in your application to the role of Human Resources / HR Officer, you will need to have / be:
* Studying towards CIPD qualification or equivalent
* A basic knowledge of employment legislation
* Knowledge of T&A systems (ADP) and payroll
* Experience of working within a faced paced HR Department
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong influencing skills
* A can-do attitude with a flexible approach
* Professional and discreet
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
* Exceptional team working skills
Hours and Rewards
For the role of Human Resources / HR Officer, you will work 37.5 hours per week and our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
hr, CIPD, ADP, human resources, human resource officer, hr officer,