Network & ICT Support Engineer
Networking & ICT Support Engineer, Based: Chester, Cheshire, Salary: £20-25k dependant on experience
Key words; Networking support, ICT support Engineer, IT support Engineer, Microsoft Server, Windows Server, 1st line support, 2nd line support, Network Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Networking & ICT Support Engineer for a leading ICT Support business based in Chester. The purpose of the role is to provide 1st and 2nd line, and in some cases, 3rd line Networking and ICT support, installation and training to the company users and its clients using an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft software products and PC and server hardware design.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated technical support engineer who will proactively address customer issues and be willing to go the extra mile to do the best job possible. Applicants should have previous experience of working in a similar Networking & ICT support role with strong Microsoft Windows server and Microsoft Exchange experience – administration and troubleshooting, installation, configuration and maintenance. Experience of Win7 and Win10 Operating systems is required, as is experience in broadband and router troubleshooting.
This is a varied role providing support to clients both over the telephone and at site when required. Role responsibilities include the following;
- Provide technical support and advice to all internal and external clients in the use of PC systems to ensure appropriate skills are available to enable clients to make effective use of PC facilities.
- Proactively and effectively use methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues relating to server or PC hardware and software problems either in the office or on client site.
- Build and Configure new servers, PCs and laptops with appropriate software and install on client networks, setting up user access rights on the server and providing email and internet access, as dictated by the client.
- Undertake preventative maintenance checks on client servers to ensure full functionality, reporting on any updates/amendments undertaken and developments that are imminent.
- Update internal database with client assets and upgrades, listing full specifications, makes, models, warranty length, S/N, order numbers, etc.
- Diagnose and resolve broadband and/or telephony issues running line tests, speeds tests and methodically diagnosing problems to achieve a speedy resolution.
- Log warranty calls with 3rd party maintenance company to order parts and complete report forms and arrange return of faulty parts with office staff.
- Update central information system with all client contact and fault call updates so that all staff are fully aware of most recent information, call references and contact details for both 3rd party and client contacts.
Applicants should have excellent customer services and problem solving skills. A full driving licence is essential as travel to client sites will be required. A degree or equivalent in an IT related subject is essential as is a minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in a similar role.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.