Our client began from humble beginnings in 1989 as a small bakery and has fast grown into one of the leading bakers across the country, having to expand four times over just to keep up with customer demand. Currently our client is looking for a Transport Manager to look after their fleet of 10 vans at the busy wholesale bakery based in Rugby.
You will need to:
- Ensure Company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures.
- Efficiently manage the organisation of drivers and deliveries.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all runs are completed and are cost efficient.
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly maintained and serviced in accordance with current legislation.
- Support the induction and training of new drivers.
- Cover delivery rounds due to illness/unforeseen circumstances if needed.
- Liaise with the packing team supervisor.
- Liaise with the bakery team / office team.
- Full driving licence and experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to lead a team
- Able to work under pressure.
Job Type: Full-time