Plant Area manger
PLANT AREA MANAGER
Location: Hemel Hempstead, HP1 3BA
Salary: Competitive Salary, Uniform, Pension and Staff Discount after a qualifying period.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Plant Area Manager for our Garden Centre in Hemel Hempstead to work 37.5 hours a week to include alternate weekends.
Hemel’s plant area is a challenging and interesting site well known for its high quality range of plants and its high standards of presentation and customer advice. It draws customers from a wide area.
The successful candidate will be a skilled team leader: highly motivated, enthusiastic, innovative and able to think creatively in order to maximize sales and profit.
He or she will be a good problem solver who knows how to get the best from a team and who is able to see the ‘bigger’ picture.
Good plant knowledge is essential; a willingness to learn and passion for plants and gardening is essential.
Your duties as the Plant Area Manager
- Leading the plant area team to provide excellent customer service, and a product range that will inspire
- Stock control, purchasing of stock and associated maintenance of the plant area.
- Working to and exceeding budgets and targets.
- Some responsibility for health and safety on site.
- Being a keyholder.
- Responsibilities when Duty Manager to include: banking/cashing up and taking responsibility for the whole site in the Garden Centre Manager’s absence.
Hillier is an Investors in People Company