Software Engineer, Modeling
Software Engineer, Modeling
Quantcast is a large scale, data driven organization that lives and breathes data, processing well over 2 million transactions a second. Quantcast engineers leverage our large datasets, computational power and analytic tools to build high quality and diverse products that support Quantcast’s position as a world-class leader in online advertising.
The London Modeling team’s mission is two-fold: to drive improved performance for advertisers by delivering relevant advertising across the digital advertising ecosystem and to build defenses in order to protect our clients against fraudsters trying to siphon money out of the advertising space. We are looking for top-tier talent with strong engineering and big data experience to help lead our efforts in designing, implementing and operating large scale ML systems in a production environment.
- Work within a machine learning group that is obsessed with improving the state of the art in performance advertising
- Take full ownership (design, build, operate and support) of the development and operation of ML systems and infrastructure to run advertising campaigns at a global scale
- Collaborate with other engineers and work on a variety of large scale systems including our MapReduce cluster and global real-time bidding system
- Develop techniques to efficiently extract meaning from petabytes of data, either to model suspicious online behavior to track down botnets and other fraudsters, or to understand and describe the interests and trends of the online community
- Improve existing ad targeting and/or anti-fraud products and introduce new end-to-end products to delight our customers
- Interface with Product & Business Operations teams to translate business requirements into robust and scalable solutions
- Participate in on-call rotation supporting key products developed by the team
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field with at least 1 year experience with high volume data processing; preferably in the online space
- Fluency in Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming languages
- Experience with Distributed Computing / MapReduce or other large scale computing systems
- Hands-on experience creating high performance programs in C++, Java or similar language(s)
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, use big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Become part of a global company, join our team in London! Besides its great location, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are provided daily with Happy Hour on Friday afternoons! Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Closing date: 2 December 2016