Quantity Surveyor - Civils
Senior QS Civils - Northampton - £52-£60k plus generous package
I am currently recruiting on behalf of an industry leading Civil Engineering Contractor. They specialise in Highways and also work on RC frames and heavy civils. They form part of a number of framework agreements and projects run from £1million to £25million. The successful applicant will manage Junior Surveyors in two locations and report directly to the Commercial Director.
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- An excellent understanding of project costs, labour and material costs, accuracy, attention to detail, professionalism, and the ability to work under pressure are qualities they are seeking in the selected candidate.
- Ensure in consultation with the project team that all necessary notices and submissions required by the various forms of contract are given in an expedient manner so as to protect the Company's position in its trading activities.
- Prepare accurate draft sub-contracts and/or to approve such drafts as prepared by subordinates to the level of responsibility delegated by the individuals supervisors.
- Participate and advise the impact of variations/design cost control/value engineering.
- Participate and advise on programme/delay issues arising from change/variation and to prepare claims for extensions of time.
- Prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts.
- Dispute avoidance or alternatively resolution.
- Ensure the timely submission of all relevant data required to monitor and analyse individual contract performance on a monthly and encourage all subordinate staff in their personal development.
Applications are now invited from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 8 years experience.
- MRICS or CIOB is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of the building and tendering process.
- Previous reinforced concrete experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
For more information about this role please contact Gary Hazeldene on 01223 311735 or firstname.lastname@example.org