Job Elements: -
• Temp role expected to last till March 2017
• To assist Payroll Supervisor with the monthly payroll process for approximately 625 employees in total and to assist the Financial Accounting team in other areas of Operational Accounting.
• Inputting of tax codes from P45/P46
• Action Student Loan repayments if carried forward on P45.
• Issuing of P46 forms in accordance with HMRC regulations.
• Maintaining sickness records within payroll system ensuring total Company Sick Pay paid does not exceed entitlement.
• Checking calculation of Statutory Sick Pay ensuring correct amount paid to the number of sick days taken for period of incapacity of work.
• Issuing of SSP1 forms for employees who have exceeded SSP entitlement.
• Calculate Statutory and Company Maternity Pay/Paternity Pay/Adoption Pay/Shared Parental Pay.
• Ensure SMP, SPP, SAP and ShPP calculated and paid in accordance with earnings, length of service and HMRC regulations.
• Assist Payroll Supervisor with processing and administration of Employee and Employer pension contributions.
• Reporting of pension contribution information to Pension Administrators on a monthly basis and assisting with any queries as required.
• Run Pensions Auto-Enrolment process
• Reporting of payroll data and statutory deductions to HMRC through the RTI process
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous payroll experience required, including exposure to shift payments, overtime, bonuses.
• A good working knowledge of income tax, National Insurance, SMP, SSP, and current HMRC legislation.
• Experience of other Finance areas, e.g. book-keeping or reconciliations, would be advantageous.
• Experience of using PeopleSoft payroll software, RTI and Pensions Auto-Enrolment are desirable but not essential