Health Care Assistant
- Full Time
PJ Care Ltd is a leading provider of specialist neurological care and neuro rehabilitation for people with progressive or acquired neurological conditions. We specialise in the care and treatment of adults and our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Dignity, independence and holistic wellbeing is achieved through specialist care models, in-house therapies and activities provided.
Who are we looking for?
When recruiting for Health Care Assistants, we look for individuals who are:
- Committed to the highest standards of care.
- Looking to enhance or develop their skills with an award winning company.
What will I be responsible for?
As a Health Care Assistant, you will take on the role of providing care for our residents in accordance with their individual care plans, under the guidance and supervision of the Nurse in Charge and Senior Health Care Assistants. You will be responsible for:
- Providing ongoing monitoring, support and assessment of all residents’ needs and reporting any concerns to the Nurse in Charge.
- Building relationships and communicating with residents to help them deal with their illness and symptoms.
- Assisting with personal care including, washing, bathing and dressing.
- Serving meals and assisting with feeding when necessary.
- Undertaking other activities to assist in the efficient running of the Unit as required.
- Helping residents to walk or get about in wheelchairs.
- Assisting with social and leisure activities for residents.
What are the working hours?
PJ Care operates 12 hour shifts, 8am to 8pm and 8pm to 8am on a rolling rota basis (full time equates to an average of 38.5 hours a week). You will have every second weekend off and are never scheduled to work more than three shifts in a row.
Rewards & Benefits
We are a business who believe in growth and development and are committed to investing in our people.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer our Health Care Assistant’s a range of excellent benefits including a pension scheme, employee assistance programme, retail discounts, subsidised meals, free parking, childcare vouchers, ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme of up to £500 per referral, and free uniforms.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Health Care Assistant, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.