Stock Holding and Fulfilment Manager Logistics
Job title: Stock Holding and Fulfilment Manager (Logistics)
Our client is a creative and innovative printing company based in Kettering, Northamptonshire who is experiencing a period of rapid growth. There is now a requirement to appoint an experienced Stock Holding and Fulfilment Manager (Logistics). The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar environment. This is a pivotal role and will be accountable for developing and implementing the strategic direction for logistical customer support whilst overseeing the delivery of products to customers in the most efficient way with optimal after sales service.
The Stock Holding and Fulfilment Manager will report into the Commercial Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Lead the fulfilment customer service function with dotted line responsibility for multi-functional reports
- Demonstrate leadership across the department and management of relationships with third party logistics providers.
- Defining and delivering a long term strategy whilst delivering exemplary customer support.
- Delivering operational and logistical plan aligned to business needs
- Implement customer service policy and drive customer service excellence and communication
- Lead cross functional teams relating to product distribution
- Deliver on agreed objectives and build strong relationships across internal departments
- Monitor and review best practice and drive continued improvements
- Deliver in line with stock distribution strategy, maintain tracking and reporting of products.
- Management of all receivables whilst maintaining accurate stock records.
- To ensure all finished and customer stock is available to fulfil orders as required.
- Provide customer service support to the Sales and Account Management teams and assist with Business Development opportunities when appropriate.
- Leadership experience within logistics; manufacturing environment experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience within a 3PL environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence, execute.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, complex, rapidly changing environment
- Account management experience along with supply chain exposure
- Strong knowledge of EU Good Distribution Practice
- Able to demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Able to work autonomously, and can provide guidance to others
- Proven people management skills
- Strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks
Skills & Educational Requirements:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment desirable.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills required
- Work accurately
- Able to work under pressure and accept accountability.
- A team player
What's in it for you?
Benefits include Pension and Healthcare on completion of probationary period, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Ride to Work Scheme.
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please click on 'Apply' and upload your CV.