Post: Nursery Chef / Cook
Location: Portishead, Bristol, BS20 7GF
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive - subject to qualifications and experience
Busy Bees in Portishead is a purpose built, single storey nursery and we care for children aged 3mths - 5 years. We have bright and airy playrooms for each age group as well as a large outdoor garden equipped with tunnels, sand pits, digging areas and climbing frames. The nursery has easy access to the M5 junction 19 and frequent bus services operate near the nursery.
At Busy Bees we anticipate that our children will have various dietary needs and so the Nursery Chef/Cook needs to pay attention to the different meals that need to be prepared as well as the snacks and drinks requested. We are looking for a team player who enjoys working in a “child first” environment. The ongoing need for the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness is essential as is a Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate is essential, in addition to a recognised catering qualification
The Nursery Chef is responsible for ensuring safe and nutritious meals, snacks and drinks are being provided to children who attend the nursery throughout the day and within the approved financial budget.
We offer a package which reflects how much we value our Nursery staff, these are as follows:-
- Childcare provision with substantial discounts
- A solid development programme for staff at all levels leading to nationally recognisable qualifications
- Retail Discounts Scheme e.g. Sainsbury’s, Mark & Spencer, Odeon, Gym membership and many more including cash back facilities
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
(For a full job description please visit Busy Bees Childcare Careers Page)
Should this Nursery Chef post be of interest to you, please contact us straight away; we look forward to hearing from you!
You are invited to apply to join our very successful and happy nursery team.