Clinical Support Specialist
Position: Clinical Product Support Specialist
Location: Nationwide (Focus on Mid England/the South)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits (Includes Life Assurance & Pension)
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am -5:00pm
Our client is a developer, manufacturer & distributor of medical equipment & services, with offices worldwide & distribution channels in over 100 countries. They are part of a Global organisation that has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security & inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions & related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology & anaesthesia systems; & (c) Optoelectronics & Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components & electronic manufacturing services for the Security & Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defence, aerospace, medical & industrial markets, among others.
The Clinical Support Specialist Role:
To provide Clinical and Product support of Acute Care (Patient Monitoring and Anaesthesia), including strategic reference sites in the assigned Region (nationwide with a focus on south/mid England).
This role will focus on Acute Care products and solutions to drive forward business and support for this particular area of the company’s product range.
The Clinical Product Support Specialist is a support person, working with Field Sales and Service in providing trial, sales, marketing, education and clinical expertise during pre-sale, installation and post-sale activities. The CPSS consults with the customer and sales team during the planning and Tender process developing bids and education programmes to meet our customers’ unique needs and expectations. The CPSS provides support during trial, bid and installation providing support and education to customers on clinical application of the products. Clinical input is provided by the CPSS to appropriate personnel on product issues, customer feedback and training materials.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Support Specialist:
- Be fully competent in the application and operation of all internal Patient Monitoring and Anaesthesia products in all care environments
- Understand the technicalities and language of Patient Monitoring and Anaesthesia products
- Cascade to Sales & Service colleagues information on Patient Monitoring and Anaesthesia solutions including the capability of having an educated technical / networking discussion with IT professionals and others within the hospital
- Provide customer, new hirer, Sales Representatives and other staff members training on all clinical applications of equipment specific to the employee or care area. Categories of training provided are informative (general staff), Basic User, Competency Based, Train the Trainer (customers and caregivers) and full sales & support training for the Acute Care UK Sales force and UK / Eire distributors
- Provide on-going product and clinical updates for the Sales Team and occasionally their distributors as and when requested to do so
- Utilise efficient time management and cost containment in all activities
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive approach when interacting with colleagues, Sales Team members, and customers
- Work closely with the Sales/Service/and Technical Support staff
- Communicate all relevant customer information including product and/or customer problems or opportunities to appropriate internal business area personnel
- Provide timely and complete reports of activity as required
- Maintain all assets (i.e., company-issued laptop, vehicles, etc.) in good condition and properly document and report all activity
- Represent the Company as the technology leader and vendor of choice through regular product presentations, evaluations, customer training and sales calls as required by the company
- Participate in the setup, stand management, and disassembly of professional trade shows and appointed National meetings
- Submit accurate reports regarding expenses, activities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: listening, written, verbal
- Ability to travel to all UK locations as directed by Line Manager
- Registered General Nurse or relevant Acute Care medical professional
- Clinical experience in relevant areas
- Computer experience, including PowerPoint, word processing and use of Internet comms
- Demonstrated flexibility, autonomy, self-motivation, and a high level of professional demeanour
- Degree in a technical, science or business discipline desirable or proven Clinical and or commercial track record in the immediate Medical Industry
- Extensive travel is required, can range from 70 to 90%
- Successful completion of training required. Must become fully competent in the application and operation of all Patient Monitoring and Anaesthesia products
- May be required to work long days on occasion as necessary for successful installation and training
- May be required to register with a vendor credentialing service. As part of this process, s/he may be required to submit personal information to a credentialing service company, provide proof of vaccinations or related medical information
To apply for this Clinical Support Specialist role, simply submit your CV and a Cover Letter via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.