Senior Financial Accountant (12 month contract)
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, medical data and more for organisations around the world. Organisations in every major industry and of all sizes, including more than 95% of the Fortune 1000 and over 85% of the FTSE 100 companies, employ Iron Mountain as their secure information management partner.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join us on an initial 12 month contract as a key member of our financial accounting team, with specific responsibility for management of real estate and investment company accounting.
If successful in this role you duties will include:
• Manage the preparation of lease accounting reviews for new transactions.
• Provide accounting guidance on real estate transactions.
• Completion of month end reporting responsibilities including:
o Review of key real estate accounts and changes to provisions.
o Prepare and review month end reporting for investment holding companies.
o Preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support the preparation of statutory accounts for investment holding companies.
• Coordinate disclosure information requests for real estate and fixed assets.
• Provide accounting support for group restructuring transactions.
• Provide technical accounting support for various areas of accounting.
• Ensure SOX compliance is maintained for all areas of responsibility.
• Liaise with tax department on information required for tax returns and group restructuring activities.
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess the following attributes:
• Qualified accountant i.e. CA/ACCA/ACA.
• Experience preparing statutory accounts.
• Significant financial accounting knowledge (double-entry book-keeping, exposure to auditors, involvement in month end accounts preparation).
• Working knowledge of UK GAAP (with US GAAP also being of interest).
• Ability to research and apply accounting guidance.
• Computer literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
In return Iron Mountain offers a competitive remuneration and the opportunities associated with a global super brand.
Please apply online for the Senior Financial Accountant role with your CV and covering letter, then you will be directed to Iron Mountain’s website where you will need to complete the application.