Maintenance Engineering Manager
Maintenance Engineering Manager, Bridgwater, Somerset, FMCG Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineering Manager role on behalf of a leading FMCG Food / Drinks Manufacturer.
Based in Bridgwater the role is commutable from Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Exeter, Tiverton etc.
- Reporting to the Factory Engineering Manager, you'll explore and develop ways to get operations running as smoothly, efficiently, and effectively as possible. You will be part of the Factory Production Team of approximately 90 people.
- You are part of the team responsible for ensuring all assets within the Factory are performing to optimum standards. The focus is on continuous improvement to drive OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) performance.
- Setting a positive example, you will take the lead in identifying opportunity for improvement in people, process, and assets. You will coach and develop the Factory team where and when necessary.
- Identify and rectify failure trends on all assets in the Factory environment;
- Apply continuous improvement principles with specific focus on eliminating faults , reducing downtime, minimizing revenue spend, improving cycle times, designing out failure modes, and maximizing the performance and longevity of components;
- Acquire knowledge from OEM's, suppliers, Factory Engineering Managers and other staff members to develop your expertise;
- Share your specialist knowledge / skills across the Factory becoming involved in Factory wide maintenance activities as required;
- Own and manage relationships with OEM's.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You're a go-getter, and keen to hit the ground running in this fast-paced, challenging position.
- You will need experience of working in a similar role, ideally in the food and drinks industry.
- You have competent engineering ability, along with relevant engineering qualifications.
- Experience of working with computer technology and experience of delivering and championing modern maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices and how they are delivered is required.
- You can understand advanced instructions on complex assets, and are able to recognize and correct failures in a process.
- With exceptional planning and organisation skills, you're comfortable delivering modern maintenance techniques and working with high end technology.
Salary: up to £40,000 +excellent benefits package
To apply: Please press the "Apply button"
NOTE: Once you apply you will be redirected to the careers site, please follow this link for your application to be accepted.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Maintenance Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Asset Care Maintenance, Maintenance Engineer, Engineering Team Leader, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, South West, Taunton.