Shift Maintenance Engineer
Shift Engineer role, Bridgwater Food Drinks FMCG
We are recruiting for a Shift Engineer role on behalf of our leading Food / Drinks Manufacturer.
Based in Bridgwater the role is commutable from Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Exeter, Tiverton etc.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Shift Engineer for our clients world class manufacturing plant working on a low acid line. The Shift Engineer is allocated to a production cell that runs 1 - 3 production lines over a 24/7, 24/6, 24/5 operation.
- The Shift Engineer will work closely with their cell ensuring that the cell reaches all their targets. This requires all adjustments and breakdowns, whether operational, electrical or mechanical to be investigated and repaired, or completed in the most effective, cost efficient and timely manner.
- For all maintenance activities to be carried out during outage periods and you will be required to support the cell team and operate the machines as part of the cell team. For basic engineering standards to be adhered too at all times and to be audit ready at any time.
- You should be familiar with the fast pace of food manufacturing and of the expectations required for the whole team.
- You will need to be able to understand and learn quickly how all the different equipment works. You will need to be able to work as a team member as part of a production cell team member to achieve the cells target OEE and production KPI's and work towards the engineering KPI's.
- As a time served Engineer, you'll have previous experience in manufacturing; preferably Liquid Filling, Dairy, or Food, fault finding electrically, on complex control systems & mechanically
- PLC knowledge is also preferred as you will need an understanding in a wide range of technical control systems.
- You will need to be confident working under minimal supervision and to undertake excellent fault diagnosis and route cause analysis.
- You will also require the ability to understand advance and complex equipment and adapt to new technology.
- You will need a real passion for sharing information by creating quality engineering reports on our clients CMMs, instigating RCA's and creating or applying good working practices.
Salary: from £28,000 - £40,000 +excellent benefits package
To apply: Please press the 'Apply button'
NOTE: Once you apply you will be redirected to the careers site, please follow this link for your application to be accepted.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Maintenance Engineer, Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Team Leader, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, South West, Taunton