Lead Software Developer / Development Team Lead
Our client is a specialist boutique software development company who have been developing market leading software products for over 10 years. The company are developing a suite of web and mobile applications for the Healthcare Industry and are currently looking for an experienced Lead Developer / Team Lead to join the team in a key role.
The company, part of the mission, is a UK top 20 integrated communications and technology group with energetic businesses spanning software development, advertising, digital, 3D spaces, media, direct response, training and PR. More than 300 people work here across sites in Cheshire, Bristol and North Devon, serving a wide range of national and international businesses.
The company are looking for an experienced Lead Developer / Development Team Leader, or a Senior Developer who is ready to progress into this key role.
The ideal candidate will be adept at producing good quality code which is clear, maintainable and testable. They are also looking for someone with extensive experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server
You should also have operations experience including deploying to, patching and managing Windows and Linux servers along with experience working under an agile methodology and have extensive Git capability. Experience with TDD would be preferable.
You will be an excellent communicator, being able to share ideas, progress, opportunities, risks and setbacks to the team and project stakeholders.
- Document work including non-coding activities such as deployment and configuration.
- Working effectively with colleagues seeing through architecture, design and QA work.
- Unit test code and review the code of others
- Produce upstream documentation that outlines, given a work item, a plan on implementing it at a low level. This should include the appropriate documentation for project managers, other developers and QA specialists.
- Design, document and communicate high level systems design.
- Design, roll out and sustain process that supports the production of good quality code that is produced in time and on budget.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the development of new product offerings and improve existing ones.
- Ensure development staff have clear direction of what they are building, how will they build it and what constitutes success.
- Understand and manage the technical architecture of the organisations applications and databases.
- Develop process and technologies.
- Excellent motivator with first class coaching & mentoring skills.
- Track record of ensuring software development projects are delivered within time, budget & quality constraints as well as ensuring that programmes run smoothly with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Agile specialist with experience of scrum.
- Experience defining and evolving development processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Able to discuss technical solutions, options & issues with a non-technical audience.
- Good knowledge of database technologies & design
Rewards & Benefits:
Good to know: