2nd Line Support Engineer (Skype for Business)
2nd Line Support Engineer - Skype for Business
Location: St Albans
Salary: up to £30,000 depending on experience
Please note, you will be required to work some weekly evening shifts remotely from home to supplement Modality Systems US Service Desk.
Modality Systems is a specialist provider of Unified Communications (UC) services, associated products and custom development software for Microsoft Skype for Business (SfB). Combining in-depth technical expertise with a professional consulting approach, we have an enviable track record in delivering successful projects globally, working with clients to optimise their investment and the value of UC.
Due to unprecedented growth, we are now looking to recruit a Support Engineer to join our Managed Services division based at the St Albans office. This will suit someone with relevant experience who is passionate about unified communications and is looking to increase their exposure within this space. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within a forward thinking, growing company.
As the 2nd Line Support Engineer you will be:
- Responsible for accepting technical issues escalated to the second line technical service desk. Technical issues can be escalated either from Modality Systems internal first line service desk or directly from a client’s own in-house level 1 service desk.
- Attempting to resolve level 2 technical support requests and will report to end users the status of resolution at regular intervals until the request is fully resolved.
- Escalating the incident to level 3 when the incident is not resolvable by the level 2 support team
- Mentoring level 1 technical support staff and assisting as required
Technical Skills needed as the 2nd line support Engineer:
- Familiarity working with a call logging system. Modality uses ServiceNow
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Microsoft Lync 2013 (client)
- Skype for Business 2015
- Sonus multi-service business gateways/session border controllers
- Tenor gateways
- Zeacom contact centre
- Competella Multimedia Attendant/Agent
- Altigen MaxACD
- A working knowledge of ITIL standards and practices, including incident management.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft product stack, especially Windows client and server.
We offer excellent progression opportunities, an attractive working environment and a very competitive compensation package.
We are looking to interview ASAP, if you meet the requirements above APPLY TODAY!