Head of HR Services
Job title: Head of HR Services
Locations: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9HJ
Salary: £55,000 to £75,000
Benefits: Life insurance, pension and many more benefits
Isosceles is a successful and growing business consultancy, providing ambitious companies with strategic and operational HR, finance and accounting expertise.
From our offices in Heathrow, Cambridge and Sheffield we work with some of the most exciting and successful businesses in the UK and internationally. We are trusted business partners to entrepreneurs and investors and we only recruit top class people.
The day-to-day duties
The Head of HR Services is responsible for the management of and delivery of HR consultancy services to a diverse client portfolio as well as the management of the internal HR of Isosceles.
Key to the role is shaping and delivering an internal people and talent strategy for Isosceles. Building an employment brand that will continue to build employee engagement and differentiate Isosceles. Another vital element is taking responsibility for delivering high standards of performance across the business.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Head of HR Services will be responsible for keeping the business up to date on people and talent related developments. With most of our consultants based out of the office at multiple client sites, effective communications, including regular company-wide presentations is an important aspect of the role.
- Business development to include defining the HR service offering, meeting with prospective clients to sell the HR service, drawing up proposals, evaluating and advising on service costs relative to size and support required
- Providing comprehensive HR support and employment law guidance to internal managers and external clients
- HR business partnering by working with managers and business owners to define and deliver effective pragmatic and commercially focused HR solutions aligned with each business strategy
- Talent management and coordination of recruitment exercises, headhunting for senior roles
- Supporting and coaching line managers through employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievance and performance management
- Management of learning and development both internally and with external clients to include delivery of training on various HR topics such as recruitment and selection, discipliaries, managing absence, performance management
- Support with employment tribunal complaints to include negotiation of settlements
- Various HR projects to include TUPE transfers, restructures, redundancies, engagement, succession planning, HRIS implementation, development of contracts of employment and employment related policies and procedures, tailored staff handbooks
- Management of the HR department to include organising and planning the workloads of the HR team and billing clients accordingly
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Strong leadership skills and able to work as part of a high performing team;
- The ability to solve complex and often dynamic problems in a measured and collaborative way;
- Good influencing skills, resilience and tenacity to be able to provoke thoughtful debate amongst the leaders of the business;
- 10+ years' experience in HR with at least 3+ years in an HR leadership role
- Substantial generalist or combined specialist experience in more than one specialist area (e.g. recruitment, learning and development, employee relations, compensation).
- Degree educated and qualified to CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
- Experience in developing, shaping and implementing HR strategy
- Ability to travel to client sites as required
What the company will offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Various other benefits (listed on our website)
To apply for the position of Head of HR Services please click on apply and upload your CV.