Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - London-based Web Agency
£55,000 + generous commission and benefits
Our client is a leading provider of web sites and web services built on the Drupal CMS platform - delivering projects with budgets from £30,000 - £300,000, for all types of clients in all sectors, across the UK.
They’re looking for talented people to join their business development team within their growing web agency. Here’s what’s involved:
- Working with clients (both new and existing) to get behind their stated requirements to what’s driving them. From that standpoint, then working to improve their thinking and create a brief that drives maximum value and benefit.
- Turning the client’s brief into an internal brief that can be assessed and costed with the help of our production team. Exploring different approaches to a project with the client and the team to get the best fit between budget, scope and benefits.
- Writing proposals that, as well as describing our approach and the project itself, also articulate our ‘excellence in thinking, engineering and production’ proposition - demonstrating how the benefits fit the client’s needs.
- Presenting and pitching to clients in a way that drives their win strategy - articulating what’s special about the company, the smart thinking we bring to the project and creating confidence in their ability to deliver reliably and on time.
- Working with their management team to discuss, negotiate and agree financial and contractual terms for projects that are reassuring and acceptable to both the client and the agency.
- Proactively driving existing client's digital strategy and converting that into sales, while focusing on client retention.
- Delivering on quarterly sales targets for both new and repeat business
Their business development uses a largely team-based approach, drawing on the respective strengths of each member - such as business analysis, marcomms, service design and technology. New business opportunities are assessed and assigned to one or more of the team depending on size and requirements, to ensure we create compelling propositions each time.
The business development team works closely with the rest of the agency - production team and management, to remove uncertainty and risk, while raising the standard of thinking and delivery above our competitors.
New opportunities are constantly delivered from their existing clients and from our aggressive PPC marketing campaign, where we dominate search results. They are also developing their ability to respond to opportunities through formal tender processes, to build further sales volume.About you
You’ve read what’s involved above and you’re confident that your abilities match the role.
You may already be an experienced business development manager, web consultant, or digital strategist in a web agency. You may be someone who fits the bill, through prior experience as a senior project manager, digital producer, or senior account manager. You may even have run a small web agency yourself.
You’re interested in enhancing your career opportunity within a business that itself is growing - where success is rewarded with skill development, significant commission above salary, and a share option scheme.
You can tick these boxes: experience with content management systems, digitally smart thinker, well-organised, clear communicator, patient and considerate, good team worker and commercially smart with a focus on winning on the right terms.
They have a unique approach to web consultancy, production and then client support across the life-cycle of the web sites and services they produce. They consistently out-perform competitors on quality, efficiency and reliability with processes that are not based on copycat thinking such as the ‘Agile for everything’.
Their aim is to do better - to deliver product at launch that can be expanded, enhanced and developed with no loss of performance and no costly rebuilds, as the client’s needs evolve over time. Their unique methodology emphasises simplicity in documentation, an industry-leading approach to quality assurance, transparency throughout everything they do, and a commitment to a traditional sense of professionalism in everything they do.
And, as much as they are ambitious and different - challenging their own industry, sector and competitors - they are also friendly, staff-focussed and engaged more and more in the exciting community that surrounds the Drupal open-source project.