Delivery Driver – Multi Drop Courier – Transit Van (AWDO-T2879)
Transit Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier required on a Temp basis for a well-established Company based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, North East England
SALARY: £18,500 pro rata
WORKING HOURS: 48 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
TYPE: Temp to Perm
** Temp to Perm Opportunity **
** Previous Experience Preferred. However, Full Training Provided **
I know summer time has only just finished, but Christmas and the New Year are super busy times for the parcel delivery industry and because of this we have multiple temporary job opportunities with a great Company that may be able to offer you a permanent job opportunity at the end of your temp contract.
This is a fantastic chance for a Transit Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier who has excellent customer service skills and has preferably worked within the parcel / postal delivery industry or is looking to enter this field.
Working as the Transit Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier you will be tasked with delivering parcels within your allocated route, which should be covered within 80 to 120 stops per day, depending on the area covered.
As the Transit Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier you should have excellent customer service and time management skills to ensure you meet timed delivery deadlines and portray a professional Company image to the customer.
Previous experience working as a Transit Van Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier or similar experience within the postal service delivering packages would be extremely desirable but not essential as full training is provided.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out a routine inspection of allocated vehicle to ensure it is safe and roadworthy in accordance with the Employee and Vehicle Handbook
- Report vehicle maintenance requirements to a Contact Transport Manager, using relevant paperwork
- Ensure your allocated vehicle is maintained in accordance with required inspection standards
- Drive your allocated vehicle with due care and attention in accordance with the Highway Code of Practice
- Deliver and collect all requested freight in line with set expectations and instructions
- Operate as per training and instructions, your allocated PDA
- Comply with local procedures with regards the handling of high value goods
- Comply with local rules regarding cash handling and ensure all Company money is submitted on day of collection
- Complete any relevant documentation, such as mileage and vehicle defect sheets, as per local requirements
- Work in a timely and efficient manner, complying with local deadlines to avoid incurring fines to the business
- Report any operational issues or concerns to Contact Transport Line Manager
- Represent the Company’s brand by maintaining a professional appearance and wearing full Company uniform at all times
- Work in accordance with Company risk assessments, manual handling training and Health and Safety guidelines at all times as set out in the Employee and Vehicle Handbook
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Ideal candidates should:
- Anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of existing and potential customers
- Show support for business values and demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity
- Respond positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance
- Be able to work in a well-structured manner with strong organisational skills
- Ensure tasks are completed by set timescales, accurately and with an attention to detail
- Build and maintain good working relationships, able to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent working level of English, both verbal and non-verbal
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Candidates will be required to have a comprehensive 5 year work/education history background check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Temp to Permanent Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Southampton, Hampshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency