Graphic Designer (AWDO-P2878)
Junior and / or Senior Graphic Designer who is highly creative with proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required for an international children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston)
** All Levels of Experience will be considered **
** Join a Fun, Friendly and Creative Team **
** Excellent Career Prospects Available **
** Junior and Senior Level Candidate Applications Welcome **
PLEASE NOTE: Please include web links to your online portfolio within your CV. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly creative Graphic Designer who has a passion for books and the publishing industry.
As the Graphic Designer you will need good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and be able to take a job from an idea or sketch, right through to completion with print-ready artwork.
For more Senior Level Graphic Designer candidates, there is the opportunity to oversee junior members of the team, discuss and sketch creative ideas, produce layouts for upcoming titles and manage workflow through the studio.
If this looks like your ideal job and you would like to work as a Graphic Designer within the publishing industry then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Follow a brief and work with other members of the Creative Team on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work to schedules, ensuring deadlines are met
- Produce page designs using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, ensuring the Design Team’s agreed procedures and styles are adhered to
- Mock up sales and marketing materials to a high standard for new products as required by the Sales Team
- Work with the Studio Director and Art Director to commission freelance illustrators for specific projects
- Ensure the timely delivery of finished artwork ready to go to the Production Team
- Check and approve proofs and plotters as required by the Production Team and in accordance with agreed schedules
- Liaise with the Sales and Production Teams, providing creative input and support when required
- Archive printed projects, following agreed procedures
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Will have a passion for children's books
- Will have a real design flair and be innovative and creative, with strong awareness of current trends
- Must have an excellent understanding of design principles, such as colour, typography and composition
- Will have a high level of creativity and must enjoy working with others and discussing creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated, able to work well under pressure, with a high attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ideally have previous experience in publishing or preparing print-ready artwork
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Creative / Publishing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency