Children's Complex Home Carer Job, Newbury
Children’s Complex Home Carer Job, Newbury
Full Training Provided
As a Paediatric Home Care Assistant, you will provide essential care and support to children in their own homes, who live with a range of complex healthcare needs in Newbury. It is essential that you’ve worked in a similar role previously, and are dedicated to empowering each individual in your care. Full training and a client-specific inductions will be provided.
We have a range of shifts available, including days, nights and weekends, including any combinations of these, allowing you to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
You must have a compassionate approach and be able to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Daily tasks could include medication administration, tracheostomy care, PEG feeding, mobilisation and pressure management as well as personal hygiene and various domestic tasks. You will enable the children to take part in their favourite activities and interact effectively with friends, family and the wider community, including participation in educational activities.
It is important that you have previous experience in a complex care role that would require you to complete similar tasks, with our ideal candidate having gained experience through working with any of the following:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Learning Disability
- Degenerative medical conditions (such as Motor Neurone Disease)
- Paediatric Complex Care
We are able to up-skill applicants if required: you will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Benefits of working as a Newcross Home Carer:
- Up to £14.46/hr, paid weekly (including holiday pay)
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Ongoing training and development – FREE through our training credits scheme
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team
To apply for this role you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care is desirable
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.