Complex Homecare Job in Crawley
Complex Homecare Job in Crawley
Full Training Provided
As a Homecare Assistant with our Woking branch, you will provide essential care and support to children and adults in Crawley, living with a range of complex healthcare needs. It’s essential that you’ve worked in a similar role previously, however full training and a client-specific inductions will be provided.
We have a range of shifts available, including days, nights and weekends, including any combinations of these, allowing you to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
Our ideal candidate will have gained experience through working with any of the following:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Learning Disability
- Degenerative medical conditions (such as Motor Neurone Disease).
You must have a compassionate approach and be able to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Daily tasks could include medication administration, tracheostomy care, PEG feeding, mobilisation, pressure management as well as personal hygiene, various domestic tasks and enabling our clients to take part in their favourite activities, so it is important that you have previous experience in a previous complex care role completing similar tasks. We are able to up-skill applicants if required.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
What we can offer you:
- Up to £14.46/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly way
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Refer a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team
To apply for this role you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care is desirable
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
- Experience of clients with dementia highly preferable.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.