Shipping Clerk ( 6 Month Contract)
Our client is an international organisation who are seeking a Shipping Clerk to work as part of a busy and successful team.
You will initially be working on a 6 month contract and enjoy carrying out shipping duties.
The Invoicing & Shipping Clerk is responsible for creating invoices, credit notes and release documentation for finished goods or customer returns and for the timely notification to shippers of goods ready for despatch and providing the relevant documentation and information for shippers to effectively transport goods to customers.
The Invoicing & Shipping Clerk also has the ability to carry out some of the duties of the Telephonist / Receptionist to provide cover when required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Raising invoices for finished goods as advised by Despatch.
- Raising release documentation for finished goods in accordance with customer and quality requirements.
- Raising credit notes / processing customer returns as advised by the customer service team.
- Compilation and administration of forms
- Compilation and administration of Customs Forms
- Compilation and administration of shipping lists.
- The administration and maintenance of all records required by the Export Control Organisation to facilitate annual audit of the company Open Individual Export Licence.
- Raising shipping documentation for finished goods
- Obtaining transport details and advising customer service and customers accordingly.
- Maintain and record all shipping transactions and obtaining relevant documentation as appropriate.
- Ensure the maintenance and retention of Air Cargo Security approval and raise any issues that may compromise the approval to senior management.
- Filing of all relevant shipping documentation.
- Provide relief cover for Telephonist / Receptionist as and when required.
- To be able to take the initiative and where appropriate to work with the minimum of supervision.
- To be aware of the expected working standards and be motivated to maintain them.
- To always work safely and not endanger themselves or others and to comply with the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- To assist the Customer Service Manager, S&OP Manager and Commercial Director as and when required.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant experience in an Invoicing, Shipping or general administration role would be advantageous though not essential.
- Qualifications to the level of secondary education are required as a minimum.
Personal Skills / Attributes:
The individual appointed to such a role must have the following characteristics :-
- Able to carry out a variety of duties;
- Motivated and a self -starter;
- Able to communicate in oral and written formats at all levels;
- Able to work in a team environment;
- Work to a high standard of accuracy;
- Well -presented and confident;
- Computing – Microsoft Office suite.
Formal training is necessary on appointment in the following areas :-
- Customer Base
- Product Knowledge
- Company structure & processes