Job Elements: -
• Work within the Administration Department to ensure on time delivery of goods to an international customer base.
• Day to day shipping operation ensuring that all customer requirements are met on time and to quality standards.
• Creation of efficient export solutions taking into account the technical details of international transportation and HMRC legislation.
• Evaluate and select freight forwarders and Courier Companies for the movement of shipments. Monitor their performance levels and also actively seek new service suppliers to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
• Ensure full compliance of the regulations governing the movement of goods, ensuring that all legal requirements are looked into as well as conducting periodic reviews of the procedures to be certain that they are current and are within applicable legal requirements.
• Maintain information on export tariffs, licenses and restrictions.
• Liaison with various government and non-government departments like Excise, Export Control Organisation, Department for Transport, Shipping Companies, Insurance Brokers etc.
• Responsible for the execution of export documentation requirements to destinations globally, which include Letter of Credit shipments ensuring that the rules and regulations are followed according to the Country of destination.
• Maintain HMRC records. Monitor the Temporary Import and Export activity of the Company in respect of Customs Authorisations and ATA Carnets etc.
• Aviation Security Programme. Develop and maintain controls to limit access to the shipping area to ensure the integrity of consignments shipped out of the warehouse.
• Manage the Dangerous Goods Requirements of the business, arranging and taking part in Dangerous Goods Training to include preparation of Dangerous Goods consignments for export.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Qualified to HNC level or equivalent ideally within a relevant discipline.
• Preferably Member of CILT. NVQ Level 3 or 4 on Logical Operations would be an advantage.
• Preferably qualified in export procedures and paperwork and the transport of dangerous goods.
• Preferably certified to Aviation Security Level 7.
• Proven track record in developing carrier networks. International logistics and export/import experience are essential.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Experience in export/import paperwork and procedures
• Confident computer user with supporting skills. Intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook