Big Data Engineer
FINTEC recruit is seeking a Big Data Engineer for our client based in London.
This is a permanent position with a salary of £80k - £85k depending on experience. Java-development background experience would be considered an advantage.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will provide 3rd line support for issues arising on the big data batch and real-time ingestion applications, ensuring incidents are resolved within defined resolution timescales and guaranteeing the continuity of the data applications and processes
- Provide second line support for all big data ingestion processes
- Ensure continuity and stability of big data ingestion processes
- Undertake root cause analysis to identify and resolve underlying problems
- Work closely with other teams to analyse ingestion performance and quality of data loaded into the Big Data environments and propose alternatives or improvements accordingly
- Previous Big Data experience using the Hadoop ecosystem to solve large-scale problems
- Good understanding of distributed systems and experience in using open source frameworks
- Minimum of a B.S. in computer science, mathematics, and equivalent work experience
- Experience trouble shooting big data solutions based on the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce,Hive and Pig)
- Experience of traditional data warehouse systems and RDBMS, ideally in a SQL Server environment
- Experience of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data (e.g. Sqoop, Flume)
- Experience with distributed stream processing frameworks
- Experience of Linux scripting
- Java-development background would be considered an advantage
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience with a range of NoSQL databases (e.g. HBase, MongoDB, Casandra) Understanding of cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web
Please click on apply or send your CV directly to our team and quote Ref: FT2661
FINTEC recruit specialise in Technical, Engineering, Finance, Legal and Business Support roles for permanent and contract positions, UK and International.