Legal Secretary Float
Legal Secretary (Float) – Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Holidays: 33 days’ holiday inclusive of bank and other public holidays to increase with length of service
Pension: 3% match contribution
Other benefits: Life Cover - 3 x annual salary
Office location: Lincoln based with regular travel
We are currently looking to appoint a Float Legal Secretary to provide secretarial services to all fee earners, in all departments (to include Family, Crime, Commercial, Conveyancing, WT&P, Claims & Administration).
We are looking for a confident individual who is able to learn quickly and work off of their own initiative. A good understanding of Word, Outlook etc. is essential. A background in legal/ medical secretarial work with experience of audio typing is desirable.
Duties of the Legal Secretary:
- To provide secretarial & administration assistance as directed by the Secretarial Manager.
- To produce letters, file notes etc and supply other secretarial services and assistance.
- To maintain client files and undertake work as specified in the Office Manual.
- To maintain diaries, organising appointments, meetings etc. as and when required as directed by the fee earner.
- To make and answer calls with clients or outside bodies in a professional and helpful manner as required by the Office Manual.
- To provide reception cover as and when required, to include taking telephone calls and distributing them accordingly and to greet clients in a professional and helpful manner as required by the Office Manual and assist clients who visit the premises.
- To comply with all regulations as set out by the Legal Services Commission which are appropriate to your position.
- To keep the affairs of the Firm and its clients confidential and secret except as is necessary for the discharge of your duties.
- To report to the Firm’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer any suspicious transactions as specified in the Firm’s Money Laundering Manual.
- To receive on the job training in order to allow for personal development.
Requirements of the Legal Secretary:
- Preferably legal experience in several areas of law, with knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Good basic education in English & Maths.
- Typing/Word processing qualifications preferred.
- A full driving license and your own transport is essential
- Audio Typing (Desirable)
All applicants should be aware that due to the nature of the float secretarial role the work may involve cases of a distressing nature such as abuse; both physical and sexual, criminal, childcare, social services, mental health and other areas.