Home Delivery Driver
Concorde Logistics are looking for customer focused and experienced Home Delivery Drivers (7.5 Tonne) to join our growing delivery team based from our Distribution Centre in Avonmouth. We will reward you with starting salary of £20,500 per annum plus bonus and benefits.
We are part of the Steinhoff UK Retail Group and experts in the field of furniture home delivery and assembly. Our key UK brands include Bensons for Beds and Harveys Furniture. With a network of over 8 Distribution Centres we are responsible for delivering furniture to over 300,000 customers per year.
Our Home Delivery Drivers are important to the wider customer experience and you will be responsible for delivering on our promises by ensuring that all customer deliveries and installations are completed in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This will ensure that the customer’s needs and expectations are exceeded at every opportunity.
Your key responsibilities as a Concorde Logistics Home Delivery Driver include:
- Ensure that all deliveries are completed on time, to the required company standard and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Engage with the customer by communicating in a friendly and professional manner
- Lift, manoeuvre and install various types of furniture products (of various weights) into customer’s homes in accordance with their wishes
- Support an environment and culture within Concorde where the Customer is firmly at the centre of everything that we do.
- Transport stock safely and securely to the destination as defined by the delivery schedule ensuring that damages are avoided
- Provide feedback to the Shift Supervisor regarding the days deliveries by attending a daily debrief
- Ensure that all deliveries are carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
- Check the vehicles for roadworthiness and report any defects to the Team Leader or Transport Manager.
- Comply with EU driver’s hours and tachograph legislation at all times
To become a Home Delivery Driver for Concorde Logistics it is essential you have the following:
- Valid driving Licence for driving 7.5 Tonne vehicle
- Previous commercial driving experience
- Previous experience and understanding of using digital tachographs
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy items of furniture with manual handling experience
- Excellent understanding of EU Driving legislation and tachograph law
- Experience of using a PDA
In addition the successful Home Delivery Driver will be conscientious, hard-working and committed to providing excellent customer service through having an excellent understanding of the importance of home delivery. You will be a willing team member and achieve individual and team goals.
In return, we offer£20,500per annum plus bonus and great benefits along with a welcoming and supportive working environment.
Please note that for insurance purposes you should be aged 21 years or over.
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of our growing team then please apply for the role of Home Delivery Driver today.