Outreach Support Worker
Jubilee House has a unique opportunity available for an Outreach Support Worker to join team based in Southern Hertfordshire. The role is a full time, permanent position working flexible hours. We are offering a salary starting from £8.36 per hour (£17,000FTE) plus excellent benefits.
Jubilee House Care Trust is a charity with nearly 40 years’ experience providing personalised support and care to people with learning disabilities. We work with both local authorities and direct payment families. Our high quality services and facilities are designed to maximise opportunities and enable individuals or service users to live the life they choose.
As our Outreach Support Worker you will support individuals in developing their independence, exercising their choice, making decisions, knowing their rights and promoting equal opportunities and respect diversity.
What are the responsibilities of the Outreach Support Worker?
We are looking for community/residential based support workers to support young people and adults with learning and physical disabilities to access the local community and peer group activities. The type of activities involved could be; going to the cinema, gym sessions, discos, bowling, support with homework, developing money skills and utilising public transport; generally getting out and about in the community and building confidence. You will work on a 1-1 basis or in small groups.
What skills do I need to have to become an Outreach Support Worker?
- Ideally you will drive your own vehicle and have business driving travel insurance.
- Physically and mentally able to support all tasks needed when supporting young people
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
- Competitive pay starting from £8.00+ per hour
- Flexible working arrangements and 23 days holidays + BH
- Full induction training / shadowing and on-going training provided
- Childcare vouchers and cash back Health Care available
- Auto enrolment Pension scheme
- Company transport is available where required, you will be paid mileage
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for our Outreach Support Worker role, please click ‘Apply’ today.