Support Workers / Care Team Leader
Support Worker and Care Team Leader
Salary: Care Worker - £21,200 - £22,864.00 pa Team Leader - £23,280 - £24,944 (Based on a 40 hour week)
The organisation is a Therapeutic Community that provides an integrated package of therapeutic care, education and therapy for children and young people who have experienced trauma. The age range is 5 to 18 years.
Duties will include:
- working as part of a team to provide a ‘secure’ base that delivers consistent routines and nurturing boundaries;
- supporting young people to work through trauma and to make positive changes in their behavioural & emotional difficulties with the objective of integrating them back into mainstream provisions;
- catering for the individual day to day child care; recreational; health and general development needs of the young people;
- serving as a key-worker and an advocate;
- administrative tasks.
- ideally will have experience of working with challenging behaviour;
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Workforce with Children & Young People or a willingness to undertake this qualification;
- ability to work with and understand trauma and the associated therapeutic needs with the empathy and commitment to enable these young people to recover from trauma and reach their potential;
- ability & willingness to undertake diverse and comprehensive training;
- ability to work within a team, sharing knowledge & learning together;
- driving licence would be an advantage.
- The organisation is very active in supporting career development;
- The organisation provides a considerable amount of training including ongoing therapeutic child care based on psychodynamic/systemic/attachment theory and practice.
Salary: dependent upon qualifications and experience
The hours of work are based on a shift pattern with up to 2 sleep ins per week
Please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.