Events Sales Executive
Events Sales Executive
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000 basic depending on experience
The role is for a recently expanded Event Management Group who provide event and exhibition management services to clients working in the sports merchandise and landscaping sectors.
We are looking to recruit a passionate, motivated & experienced Account Manager / Event Sales Executive to help generate sales and increase revenue. This role would combine the development of existing and new sales leads with on-the-job development of wider event and media management skills.
Duties of the Events Sales Executive
- Development of sales opportunities from both existing and prospective clients via telephone
- Building up a rapport with current/lapsed clients and managing accounts where appropriate
- Keeping database up-to-date with contact details and sales development status
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying & researching new growth areas for sales
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Floorplan management
- Working on site during the build-up, open period and breakdown of all the shows
- Collating and producing sales plans and reports as required
Skills required for the Events Sales Executive
- Goal focused, can-do attitude and a drive to succeed. Events are run to critical, immovable dates and the show must go on...
- Methodical approach to work
- Team player and also respond well to leadership/direction
- Excellent administration and organisational skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Familiarity with online networking and marketing an advantage
- A good communicator on all levels: in person; on the phone; and in writing
- Experience of selling to senior decision makers
- Must be able to work independently and have good time management skills
- Well-developed questioning skills with an analytical approach enabling objection handling and value lead matching
- Fluent English (oral and written), additional European languages very desirable
- B2B exhibition sales experience advantageous
- Regular domestic and international travel to busy and interesting shows to network with prospects and clients
- Industry and event learning & teaching
- Uncapped on target earnings