Civil Structure Engineer
Role: Civil Structure Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Structural Engineer to join a multi faceted project team based in Chirk, North Wales. This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary, continued training, support and career development.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering “Wood Perfected” and have invested in innovation since 1897. As the world leader in the production of wood based panel products, we are seeking a loyal, ambitious and passionate Civil Structural Engineer.
The focus of the role is carrying out feasibility works, detailed design, and assessments depending upon project requirements, as an engineer the key duties in the Civil Structural Engineer role will include:
- You will be responsible for detailed design work and knowledgeable in the environmental aspects/impacts of civil/structural design.
- Organising and co-ordinating the design and construction process for multi-million industrial projects, ensuring cost effective standards of design and construction are achieved.
- Control the overall project, quality and scheduling on an ongoing basis and take prompt action to address variances.
- Organise tenders for Civil works.
- Build-up costing for all aspects and control CAPEX expenditure.
- Control Civil costs and resolve claims.
- Report monthly on costs in conjunction with local accounting.
- Ensure compliance by Contractors and Engineers on site.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Civil Structure Engineer
- Ideally you will have minimum 5 years Civil Structural Engineering / Project Management experience.
- First class Degree or Masters in Civil Engineering.
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Civil Structure Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.